Skip to main content

Living Allowance for Residential Fellowships Outside North Carolina

The college continues to enjoy considerable success in placing our faculty in competitive and prestigious residential fellowships. These fellowships often come with additional costs, including professional travel and expenses involved in traveling to the site of the residential fellowship and securing housing. In the interest of promoting scholarship and ensuring that our faculty remain competitive for these opportunities, the college will accept proposals to support additional expenses incurred by faculty who have been awarded residential fellowships outside of North Carolina.

  • Eligibility: Full time tenured and tenure-track faculty members and permanent full-time, benefits eligible professional faculty with 0.75 FTE or greater are eligible.
  • Amount: Up to $3,000
  • Cost Sharing: In most instances, the college will pay 50% and the department will pay 50%. (Enhancement funds must be used.)

How to Submit Requests

To request approval for an allowance, department heads must submit a request through this form. In the request, provide the following information:

  • Start date of fellowship.
  • End date of fellowship.
  • Upload a copy of the fellowship award letter.