Communications and Marketing
The college's communications and marketing office develops strategies, messages and content to achieve the goals of the college and its audiences.
What We Do
Support the NC State Experience
We provide prospective students, current students, faculty and staff the information and resources they need to be successful. Examples include:
- Communicating with prospective and admitted students.
- Developing advertising campaigns for graduate programs.
- Regularly updating students, faculty and staff about upcoming events, announcements and news.
- Developing messaging and materials for student recruitment, orientations and open houses.
Boost Awareness and Engagement
We refine and enhance the college’s identity on campus, across the state and beyond. Examples include:
- Accolades, a digital magazine for alumni and friends.
- “How I Think and Do,” an alumni video series highlighting the value of our college.
- Developing promotional strategies for college, department and unit events.
- Highlighting and promoting our college’s faculty expertise and community engagement.
Support Fundraising Efforts
We support the college’s $35 million capital campaign and other fundraising objectives by developing and executing communication strategies. Examples include:
- Developing and executing the college’s Day of Giving strategy.
- Helping produce the college’s annual impact calendar and other printed materials for donors and alumni.
- Creating stewardship campaigns to thank donors for their contributions.
- Highlighting the impact of giving and the donors who make it all possible.
- Developing visuals and messaging for scholarship luncheons, college board meetings and other events.
We work at the university, college, department and unit level to align communications and marketing projects. Examples include:
- Assisting departments and units with communication strategies, website and social media management, and email communications.
- Facilitating a work group for college personnel who have communications responsibilities.
- Creating templates and other resources that help streamline communication and marketing work.
We communicate with our audiences through the following channels and properties:
- Web. We’re responsible for the primary college website, the college intranet, and the college’s digital magazine, Accolades. We also help departments and units manage their sites.
- Social media. We manage the college’s Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts.
- Email. We regularly use email to communicate with students, faculty, staff, alumni and donors. We also develop strategic email campaigns for prospective students.
- Electronic billboards. We manage the college’s electronic billboard monitors, which are located throughout our buildings.
Director of Communications and Marketing