- You must have Chancellor’s Office approval if the chancellor’s name is on the invitation or if he has a significant role in the event. Refer to the Guest List section for information about requesting the chancellor’s participation.
- Set a response deadline for at least 10 days prior to the event.
- Consider whether you want acceptance only responses.
- For printed invitations, if you include a response card, enclose a postage paid envelope.
- Order invitations and response cards six to eight weeks prior to your event.
- Mail invitations four to six weeks prior to your event.
- Do you need to include directions or a campus map?
- Is formal dress required? If so, indicate that on the invitation.
- Provide a contact name and telephone number for responses, in addition to email or other RSVP tracking system.