Graduate Student Support Plan
The Graduate Student Support Plan (GSSP) is a highly competitive support package used to attract top students to NC State.
GSSP is made up of three components — a stipend, graduate student health insurance, and tuition. Important notes:
- Stipends must be at least $307.69 per biweekly pay period ($8,000 annualized)
- Tuition is charged based on number of credit hours for which student is registered
- Graduate Student Health Insurance (GSHI) for 2018-19 is $2,250
How much gets charged to sponsored projects?
- In-state students: 100% in-state tuition
- Out-of-state students: 100% in-state tuition, plus 25% of out-of-state portion
Rates for 9+ credit hours for Fall 2018:
In-State Tuition = $4,458.50
Out-of-State Tuition = $12,702.50
Sponsored project would get charged the following amounts for one semester:
In-state student = $4,458.50
Out-of-state student = $6,519.50
$4,458.50 + (25% x ($12,702.50 – 4,458.50)) = $4,458.50 + 2,061 = $6,519.50