Section Coordinator, French
Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
Withers Hall 215
- The Acquisition of Grammatical Gender in Instructed L2 French
- The Impact of Pedagogical Sequence on Past Tense/Aspect Acquisition in Instructed L2 French
- Adapting American L2 French Textbooks for a Canadian Audience (with Geneviève Maheux-Pelletier of the University of Alberta)
- Oral Comprehension of Clitics by L2 Learners of French
- Wust, V., & Roche, C. The impact of form-focused instruction & awareness activities on L2 learners’ acquisition of grammatical gender in French. The French Review (In press).
- Wust, V., & Book Brown, B. (2012). Teaching the imparfait and passé composé in French: New findings on sequence. The Journal of Linguistics and Language Teaching 3 (2): 285-310.
- (2010). L2 French Learner’s Processing of Object Clitics: Data from the Classroom. L2 Journal 2 (1): 45-72.
- (2010). Pronominalization in French: Bridging the Gap between Research and Practice”. The Journal of Linguistics and language Teaching 1 (1): 75-110.
- (2009). A la recherche des clitiques perdus: The Dictogloss as a Measure of the Comprehension of y and en by L2 learners of French. The Canadian Modern Language Review 65 (3): 471-499.
- (2009). Review of Fanny Forsberg’s 2008 book “Le langage préfabriqué: Formes, fonctions et fréquences en français parlé L2 et L1”. The Canadian Journal of Applied Linguistics 12 (2): 84-85.
B.Ed. French and English University of Alberta 1998
M.A. Applied Linguistics University of Alberta 2000
Ph.D. French Languages, Literatures and Linguistics University of Alberta 2006
Area(s) of Expertise
Second Language Acquisition, Second Language Pedagogy, Variationist Sociolinguistics