Meet the Dean
Meet Jeff Braden, dean of NC State’s College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Dean Braden has been a professor of psychology at NC State since 2003. He directed the university’s School Psychology Program from 2004 to 2007, when he became the college’s associate dean for research and graduate studies. He was named dean in 2008.
Before coming to NC State, Dean Braden taught and directed school psychology programs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, San Jose State University and the University of Florida. He holds graduate degrees from the University of California, Berkeley, Gallaudet University and Beloit College.
Five Facts About The Dean
- He’s called upon nationally and internationally for his expertise in how school systems can best assess students with special needs.
- He’s been a certified sign language interpreter.
- He’s the only dean we know of who’s worked with — and been bitten by — a chimp.
- He’s a bit of a technology geek — he loves exploring new tech devices.
- He relishes nothing more than sharing a good joke.