Department of Sociology and Anthropology
1911 Bldg NA
- Zahn, Margaret. The Delinquent Girl (book). Temple University Press, 2009.
- Day, Jacob C., Margaret A. Zahn, and Lisa P. Tichavsky. 2014. “What Works for Whom? The Effects of Gender Responsive Programming on Girls and Boys in Secure Detention.” Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, published online before print, July 2014. DOI: 10.1177/0022427814538033.
- Strom, Kevin, Tara Warner, Lisa Tichavsky, and Margaret A. Zahn. “Policing Juveniles: Domestic Violence Arrest Policies, Gender, and Police Response to Child–Parent Violence.” Crime and Delinquency, pp. 1-24, published online before print, September 2010. DOI: 0.1177/0011128710376293.
- Zahn, Margaret A., Jacob Day, Sharon Mihalic, and Lisa Tichavsky. 2009. “Determining What Works for Girls in the Juvenile Justice System: A Summary of Evaluation Evidence.” Crime and Delinquency 55(2):266-293.
- Zahn, Margaret A., Darrell Steffensmeier, Barry C. Feld, Merry Morash, Meda Chesney-Lind, Jody Miller, Allison Ann Payne, Denise C. Gottfredson, Candace Kruttschnitt and Susan Brumbaugh. 2007. “Violence and Teenage Girls.” Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (web based bulletin series).
- Tichavsky, Lisa, Katrina Bloch, Kylie Parrotta, and Margaret A. Zahn. 2006. “Racial Differences in Intimate Partner Homicide” In C. Gabrielle Salfati (Ed.) Connecting Research to Practice: New Directions in the Study of Homicide and Violence. Proceedings of the 2006 Meeting of the Homicide Research Working Group. Chicago, IL: Homicide Research Working Group.
- Zahn, Margaret A. 2006. “The Girls Study Group: Its Creation and Achievements.” The Criminologist.
- Zahn, Margaret A., Henry H. Brownstein, and Shelly L. Jackson (Editors). 2004. Violence from Theory to Research. Newark : Anderson Publishing Co.
- Zahn, Margaret A. 2003. “Intimate Partner Homicide: A Review.” Journal of National Institute of Justice 250:2-3.
- Zahn, Margaret A. and Kevin Strom. 2003. “Terrorism and the Federal Social Science Research Agenda,” in Deflem, Mathieu (Ed). Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism: Criminological Perspectives. London : Elsevier Science Press.
Ph.D. Sociology Ohio State University
M.A. Sociology Ohio State University
B.A. Social Administration Ohio State University
Area(s) of Expertise
Violence, Terrorism, Gender and Delinquency