Selected examples (see vita for full list)
- Steve McDonald, Amanda Damarin, Hannah McQueen, and Scott Grether. (2021) “The Hunt for Red Flags: Cybervetting as Morally Performative Practice.” Socio-Economic Review https://doi.org/10.1093/ser/mwab002
- Jon R. Forrest, Steve McDonald, and Robin Dodsworth. (2021) “Linguistic Employment Niches: Southern Dialect across Industries.” Socius. 7:1-17. https://doi.org/10.1177/2378023121999161
- Steve McDonald, Amanda Damarin, Jenelle Lawhorne, and Annika Wilcox. (2019) “Black Holes and Purple Squirrels: A Tale of Two Online Labor Markets.” Research in the Sociology of Work 33: 93-120.
- Amanda Wyant, Anna Manzoni, and Steve McDonald. (2018) “Social Skill Dimensions and Career Dynamics.” Socius 4:1-12. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2378023118768007
- Steve McDonald and Richard A. Benton. (2017) “The Structure of Internal Job Mobility and Organizational Wage Inequality” Research in Social Stratification and Mobility 47:21-31.
- Steve McDonald, Lindsay Hamm, James R. Elliott, and Pete Knepper. (2016) “Race, Place, and Unsolicited Job Leads: How the Ethnoracial Structure of Local Labor Markets Shapes Employment Opportunities.” Social Currents 3(2):118-137.
Area(s) of Expertise
Social Networks / Social Capital, Work & Labor Markets, Internet & Society, Mentoring, Aging and the Life Course