Skip to main content

Employee Payments

Dual employment occurs when one state agency or university secures the services of an employee of another state agency on a part-time, consulting, or contractual basis.

The Dual Employment Policy applies to all full-time permanent State employees, both EHRA and SHRA, and to all State agencies. You cannot hire a permanent employee from another State agency. Rather you must go through the dual employment process, transfer the funds, and compensation to the employee must be paid by the parent agency. The borrowing agency is not authorized to make direct payments to full-time permanent employees of another State agency.

This policy does not apply to individuals in non-permanent positions in other State agencies or employees in the Public School system, the Community College system, or employees of cities and counties. These individuals are exempt from the dual employment process and would need to be hired.

Useful Links