Our Dean’s Scholars Program connects top students with opportunities to excel in the classroom, on campus and in the community.
How it Works
Each year, the Dean’s Scholars Program honors a limited number of incoming first-year students who displayed meritorious achievement in high school. Scholars receive:
- A $2,000 first-year scholarship.
- Automatic entry to your choice of the University Honors Program or University Scholars Program, with an opportunity to live in the University Honors/Scholars Living Learning Village.
- Guidance from the Humanities and Social Sciences dean, the dean’s advisory board and college alumni.
- A $2,000 scholarship (sophomore, junior or senior year) to participate in a high impact practice such as study abroad, undergraduate research or an internship.
Dean’s Scholar candidates must be incoming first-year students who have:
- High-achieving high school metrics. Scholars often have grades primarily in the A to A- range, and a class rank in the top 10-12 percent. Please note that since standardized test scores were optional for Fall 2021 admission, they are not a factor for 2021-22 Dean’s Scholar eligibility.
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership, service, employment and/or extracurricular activities.
How to Apply
Students who apply for admission by Nov. 1 will be automatically considered for this program. Those invited to apply will be asked to do so through PackASSIST, NC State’s scholarship application portal.