Step Up to Rule as Dean for a Day
On Wednesday, January 28, 2015, Dean Jeff Braden will trade places with a Humanities and Social Sciences undergraduate student during our sixth annual Dean for a Day.
While Dean Braden attends your classes, eats lunch with your friends, studies in your spots, and walks your walk, you carry out his schedule: meet with the college’s faculty, students, campus administrators, donors, and other deans; solve problems; and advocate for the college’s needs.
Interested? Here are the requirements to be Dean for a Day:
- You must be an undergraduate CHASS major; those with double majors with one CHASS major are welcome to apply.
- You need to be available Wednesday, January 28. Ideally, you should be available from 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 27, until 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
- You should have at least two classes on your schedule on January 28. The busier, the better.
- You should be prepared to keep a log of your experiences; we’ll publish your diary afterwards.
There is no official form to apply — just email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
1) your name, class year and major(s)
2) your e-mail address and phone number
3) your 300-word proposal for why you should be Dean for a Day, and why Dean Braden should spend the day as you.
The deadline to for submission is Monday, December 1, 2014. Proposals will be juried by college student ambassadors, and their selection is final.