Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to fostering an environment where all feel valued and appreciated. Our college is a campus leader in promoting and exploring diversity through our words and our actions.
Diversity in Thought, Word and Action
We know the challenges of racism and inequity can’t be easily fixed. But we’re determined to do all we can to build a community where the voices of the disenfranchised are heard and respected, where change happens, where we are one Pack.
We are committed to holding courageous conversations that take place through:
- Diversity training for all faculty and staff.
- Workshops that raise awareness.
- Regular departmental conversations that include students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- An annual forum on teaching and racism.
We are committed to acting on our priorities to confront and address systemic racism in our college by:
- Recruiting — and retaining — students, faculty and staff from widely diverse backgrounds.
- Coaching each and every faculty hiring committee at the outset of their recruitment to ensure we reach out to diverse candidates.
- Creating and implementing intentional ways to ensure that members of diverse backgrounds not only join our college, but become full members of our community.
Scholarship, Involvement and Academic Opportunities
- Our college awards various merit and need-based scholarships. Visit the Pack ASSIST portal to learn about additional opportunities across the university.
- We have more than two-dozen student organizations that allow students to explore their interests and broaden their perspectives.
NC State Multicultural Student Affairs is a great resource for academic support and civic engagement on campus and beyond.
Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Juliana Makuchi Nfah-Abbenyi
- Phone: 919-513-8057
- Office: 212 Tompkins Hall
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity
NC State OIED fosters an inclusive, accessible and diverse intellectual and cultural campus experience at NC State.