We are dedicated to attracting, recruiting and retaining students and faculty from all backgrounds. Our college is a campus leader in promoting and exploring diversity through our events, research and engagement activities.
Diversity in Thought, Word and Deed
We’re using our resources to support, enhance and expand diversity in our college and on campus. For example:
- We offer a program designed to recruit high achieving, underrepresented students.
- Our departments create and maintain diversity recruitment and retention plans for faculty of color.
- We meet with every hiring committee before it starts a faculty search to ensure we reach out to diverse candidates.
Scholarship, Involvement and Academic Opportunities
- Our college awards various merit and need-based scholarships. Visit the Pack ASSIST portal to learn about additional opportunities across the university.
- We have more than two-dozen student organizations that allow students to explore their interests and broaden their perspectives.
NC State Multicultural Student Affairs is a great resource for academic support and civic engagement on campus and beyond.
Exploring and celebrating diversity
Juliana Makuchi Nfah-Abbenyi
Distinguished Professor of English and Comparative Literature
Office: 212 Tompkins Hall