Teaching areas include modern US history, public history, and environmental history.
Research interests include historic preservation, cultural landscape studies, memory, urban history, exposition studies, cultural mega-events, food studies, urban planning and its history, and critical heritage studies.
- National Humanities Center, Graduate Student Summer Residency Program
- Research assistant at the Moise A. Khayrallah Center for Lebanese Diaspora Studies at NC State working on digital humanities & digitization projects.
- Managing Editor for Mashriq & Mahjar: Journal of Middle East and North African Migration Studies.
- Teaching & Communication Certificate Program
Extension and Community Engagement
- North Carolina Museum of History, Docent
- Preservation North Carolina, Volunteer Coordinator
- University Standing Committee on Libaries
- National History Day, Judge & Team Captain
- ARCUS Fellowship Program in Preservation Leadership
Graduate Certificate Historic Preservation Eastern Michigan University 2012
MUP Urban Planning; Community, Economic, & Real Estate Development University of Michigan 2012
AB History University of Michigan 2009